Manufacturing Excellence at SHI
In the century and more since its founding in 1888 the SHI Group has developed and refined manufacturing technology that helps sustain every major field of industry.
In scope it ranges from nanotechnology to enormous steel structures.
The topics presented below provide a hint of the manufacturing excellence of the SHI Group, which makes dreams come true with innovative ideas and links people and society with the future.
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Environment has helped reduce the environmental load and stress on local businesses with its cutting-edge wastewater treatment technology supported by the entire community.
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Material Handling Systems has developed Magic Rack, an automated storage system that uses two types of guided units to transport items. The system automates warehouse operations that previously required manual operations, resolving issues related to labor shortages and providing an innovate approach to work methods.
SHI has developed a compact neutron generator that incorporates an accelerator into its overall system. This development is anticipated to revolutionize radiation therapies that utilize neutrons.
The use of injection molding machines is a common molding method for forming plastic products. Fully motorized injection molding machines from the SHI Group have attained top class achievements around the world.
The history of steam is said to pre-date Christ, and today the steam turbine has become a common, essential piece of equipment in many electricity generating facilities. Even then, technological innovation to make steam turbines more efficient, more reliable and lower in cost is continuing to take place.
Since their creation more than 70 years ago, the Cyclo® series of reduction gears has been a core technology of the SHI Group. They have maintained an unwavering presence, and new markets continue to open up.
As a pioneer in the field of continuous unloaders, the SHI Group is constantly at the forefront of manufacturing excellence.
Space is enveloped in countess mysteries. The space probe Hayabusa, developed to explore these mysteries, incorporates technology from the SHI Group.
Proton beam therapy is the focus of considerable attention as a more gentle treatment method. The SHI Group is a leader in this field, pushing ahead with the development of technology in close collaboration with customers.
- Vol.1 A Clear View of the Distant Heavens
- Vol.2 Cures without Surgery: Advanced Cancer Treatment
- Vol.3 Exploring the Mysteries of Space
- Vol.4 Dramatically Changing Quayside Cargo Handling
- Vol.5 Cyclo® Drives Continue to Evolve
- Vol.6 The Steam Turbine - Protecting the Environment and Advancing Society
- Vol.7 Persistent Determination to Reduce Defects, Losses and Faults to Zero
- Vol.8 Treating Cancer through the Use of Neutrons - A Compact Accelerator Opens the Door to Widespread Use -
- Vol.9 Automated storage system with unrestricted movement, for transforming the future of the logistics industry
- Vol.10 Anaerobic Wastewater Treatment and Biogas Power Generation System using Ume Seasoning Effluent bringing Recycling-Friendly Society