True to our policy of “people first”, we place top priority on safety in all of our business operations at Sumitomo Heavy Industries Modern Ltd. in order to ensure the safety and well-being of everyone who works for us.
A major part of that commitment is to continuously improve our occupational health and safety activities in ways that promote better physical and mental health
and make sure our workplace environments are safe and comfortable.
- Labor and management work together to improve communications throughout the workforce and with cooperators, raise awareness of occupational health and safety,
and encourage everyone under the SHI Modern umbrella can and does participate in safety and health activities.
- We comply with all laws, regulations and other public requirements governing industrial safety and health,
as well as all of the protocols and rules of occupational health and safety management system (OHSMS).
- We continuously conduct activities designed to identify and reduce risks that lead to hazards in an effort to attain our targets of no fires, explosions or occupational or traffic accidents.
- We will strive to prevent health problems and maintain mental health through measures against overwork or stress as a part of maintaining a healthy workforce.
- We will promote activities that lead to higher levels of industrial safety and health based on the occupational health and safety management system.
Apr 1, 2020 Sumitomo Heavy Industries Modern, Ltd.
Yukio Kurokawa, President