Sumitomo Heavy Industries Modern, Ltd. (hereinafter, “SHIM”) recognizes that protecting the personal information of customers, suppliers and employees
that we handled in operations is a very important responsibility of SHIM and, therefore, strives to protect personal information under the following policy.
- SHIM shall acquire personal information by appropriate fair means, and shall maintain the correctness of acquired personal information and manage it safely.
- SHIM shall not use personal information for any purpose other than that which was disclosed at the time the said information was acquired.
- SHIM shall not provide personal information to third parties without the prior permission of the concerned individual, except where required by law.
- SHIM shall, when outsourcing the handling of personal information to a business contractor, limit the information provided to the necessary scope, and shall require by contract, etc.,
the business contractor to safely manage the provided information and shall appropriately supervise the business contractor in their handling of the said information.
- SHIM shall take appropriate and reasonable security measures to prevent the loss, destruction, falsification or leakage of personal information,
as well as to protect the said information against unauthorized access and other dangers from the outside.
- SHIM shall, if an individual desires the disclosure, modification, cessation of usage or deletion of one’s own personal information, promptly oblige such requests within all possible means.
Jan 6, 2020
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Modern, Ltd.
Yukio Kurokawa, President