The main content of this page begins here.
Notes on Cryopumps
This is a type of vacuum pump.
Vacuum pumps are categorized into gas transporting types and gas accumulating types. They are also classified into roughing vacuum pumps and high vacuum pumps, according to the operating pressure range. Roughing vacuum pumps may be oil-sealed rotary vacuum pumps or dry roughing vacuum pumps. High vacuum pumps can be turbo molecular pumps, cryopumps, sputter ion pumps or oil diffusion pumps.
Cryopumps have the following characteristics
- Fast discharge rate (particularly for steam)
- The maximum discharge flow rate is large, even though this is an accumulating type
- A completely oil-free vacuum can be obtained
- Periodic discharging of accumulated gas (regenerating operation) is required
- The discharge of a chemical gas is not possible.
The SHI Group sells two brands of cryopumps, SICERA® and Marathon®.
SICERA® is an abbreviation of the Sumitomo Inverter-integrated cryopump, which has an energy reduction advantage and the following features
- 1Multiple pump system for which individualized controlUp to eleven 8-inch pump units can be operated with a single compressor.
- 2High reliabilityThe refrigerators for cryopumps have excellent track records.
- 3High energy saving effectsReduction rate compared with our conventional products: -40%: 10.3kW->6.1kW (when eight 8-inch pumps are operated)
*The above figures are for reference only. It varies depending on the conditions of use.
- 4Ar gas occlusion volumeDouble the volume compared with our conventional products: 1,000 liters-> 2,000 liters for the 8-inch type
Marathon®, the other brand of pump, is produced by Sumitomo (SHI) Cryogenics of America, Inc., and it has the following features
- 1A unique panel design
- 2A large discharge capacity for hydrogen gas
- 3A long regeneration cycle and short regenerating time
- 4Supports a wide range of applications, from 8 to 20 inches in size
The global network
In order to support customers around the world, we have developed global networks for sales, services, and manufacturing, and strive to provide uniform quality and performance.
Multiple unit operation is possible, offering energy saving effects with inverter control.
Supports a wide range of sizes.
- For detailed information about the products please contact
- Products for inquiries
- Cryocoolers, Cryopumps