The main content of this page begins here.
- Personal Information Protection Policy
Handling of Personal Information and Specific Personal Information
Sumitomo Heavy Industries, Ltd. and its affiliated companies (hereinafter referred to as the "Corporate Group") recognizes the important obligations, we have to observe as a Personal Information Handling Business Operator, to protect the personal information and Specific Personal Information that we hold, and we will handle such information appropriately as described below. (Please note that some of the business units have separately specified additional provisions concerning the handling of personal information. These are described in Article 7 below.)
1. Acquisition of personal information
When acquiring personal information, we shall notify or announce any matters necessary concerning the purpose of such use or other items, acquire such personal information by lawful and fair means, and not use any wrongful methods.
2. Purpose of use of personal information
The Corporate Group shall use personal information that has been provided only to the extent necessary for conducting business of the Corporate Group within the scope of the purpose of such use as described below.
- 1)Personal information of customers
- For provision of information concerning the Corporate Group's products and services
- For sale, provision and support of the Corporate Group's products and services
- For development and provision of even better products and services
- For responding to inquiries, requests for information, etc.
- For conducting and analyzing surveys and questionnaires
- For communications, negotiations, etc. concerning transactions
- For executing and performing contracts with business partners as well as post-contract management
- For management of business partners information
- For payment and other accounting procedures
- For exercising rights and fulfilling obligations pursuant to the Companies Act
- For providing various conveniences from the issuing company in relation to a shareholder's position
- For implementation of various measures to facilitate the mutual relationship between shareholders and company from the perspective of a corporation and the corporation's members
- For shareholder management, including the preparation of shareholder data based upon prescribed standards in accordance with laws and regulations
- For contacting job applicants and sending them documentation, etc. concerning selection
- For making determinations concerning selection and other hiring activities
- For various business communications
- For employment management
- For management of workplace safety and health
- For various communications and procedures after retirement
3. Provision of personal information to third parties
Personal information held by the Corporate Group shall not be provided to any third party without the prior consent of the individual concerned except in cases prescribed by laws and regulations.
4. Joint Use of personal information
The Corporate Group may jointly use personal information within the scope of the purpose of Joint Use specified below.
[Personal data items jointly used]Name, address, company name, position or title, telephone number, fax number, email address, and other information about such attributes
[Scope of parties jointly using personal data]The Corporate Group
[Purpose of Joint Use]The purpose is the same as the purpose of use of personal information by the Corporate Group as Article 2 above.
[Person responsible for managing personal data]Sumitomo Heavy Industries, Ltd.
5. Purpose of use and handling of Specific Personal Information
- Individual Numbers as specified in the Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in Administrative Procedures ("My Number Act") and personal information including Individual Numbers ("Specific Personal Information) shall not be acquired or used for purposes other than those limited and expressly specified in the Act. In addition, specific personal information shall not be provided to any third party with the exception of cases limited and expressly specified in the My Number Act.
- Specific Personal Information held in the Corporate Group shall be appropriately managed by adopting the security management measures in accordance with laws and regulations and our company rules.
6. Disclosure, correction, suspension of use, etc. of personal information
When an individual desires that his own personal information be disclosed to him or her, the Corporate Group shall promptly respond to such a request with the exception of the following cases.
- Cases where the life, body, property or other rights or interests of the individual concerned or a third-party are likely to be harmed
- Cases where there is the likelihood that the proper implementation of the Company's operations may be significantly hindered
- Cases that violate laws or regulations
In addition, the company will respond, after having conducted an investigation, to cases where an individual desires that his own personal information be corrected, supplemented or deleted on the grounds that the content is not true, that use of the individual's personal information be suspended on the grounds that it is being handled in violation of laws or regulations, or that the individual's own personal information be erased or its provision to third parties be suspended.
Please direct any inquiries regarding the aforementioned to the following contact point.
With respect to requests for disclosure, correction, suspension of use, etc., inquirers will be required to confirm that the inquiry is made by the individual concerned, so please be ready and willing to present documentation verifying the identity of the individual concerned (driver's license, passport, etc.).
[Contact Point about personal information]
Sumitomo Heavy Industries, Ltd.
Corporate Legal Department
Corporate Legal Affairs Group
1-1 Osaki 2-chome, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo 141-6025, Japan
7. Handling of personal information by some business units
Please see the additional provisions regarding the handling of personal information acquired by that the following business unit.
- PTC Division (http://cyclo.shi.co.jp/privacy/index.html)