The main content of this page begins here.
Notes on Cryocoolers
Cryocoolers operate to lower the temperature of an object using a refrigerant. Cryocoolers lower the temperature basically through compression and expansion and there are a number of types that vary in the cooling cycles and the principles used.
This is a mechanical cryocooler in which the cooling agent moves back and forth inside a cylinder to perform adiabatic expansion of the refrigerant gas to generate a chill. The method used to move the cooling agent back and forth inside our GM Cryocoolers is by converting the motor rotating movement to a back and forth motion using a crank mechanism, and therefore there is no restriction on the orientation of the cryocooler for installation. Furthermore, for the first time in the world we devised the two-stage cryogenic section to secure long-term reliability in the ultra-low 4K temperature range and resolved problems relating to the limitation of the orientation of installation.
- 1Proven records of the world's No.1 company in delivery
- 2Refrigerating capacity does not depend on orientation
- 3Temperature stability and long-term reliability in the 4K range
Pulse Tube Cryocoolers
The Pulse Tube Cryocoolers is a Cryocoolers comprised of a compressor unit, cold storage unit and a simple tube referred to as a pulse tube. The most significant difference from the GM Cryocoolers is that there are no back and forth motions of the cooling agent inside the cylinder, with the result that vibrations generated by the operation of the cryocooler are minute. Furthermore, since the cooling agent is fixed and as there are fewer drive components when compared to the GM Cryocoolers, the frequency of maintenance is lower. A characteristic of our Pulse Tube Cryocoolers is that the double-step cooling capacity can be used effectively, since the amount of heat intrusion from the outside is reduced, due to the seals we devised to increase the first stage cooling performance.
- 1Low vibration
- 2Long-term stability
- 3Separate valve unit model available
This 4K GM Cryocoolers is based on the two-stage GM Cryocoolers with a Joule Thomson (JT) adiabatic expansion section. The cooling capacity of 4K is delivered using the latent heat of helium, and one of the features is that it offers vastly superior efficiency in comparison with expansion type cryocoolers (such as GM Cryocoolers and Pulse Tube Cryocoolers). Another feature is that theoretically it also has extremely small temperature fluctuations, since latent heat is used. At the present time, we are the only cryocooler manufacturer working on GM-JT Cryocoolers
- 1Maximum capacity for 4k Cryocoolers (the only manufacturer)
- 2Low vibration
- 3Low electric power consumption
Solvay Cryocoolers have the same principles of performing adiabatic expansion of the refrigerant gas to generate a chill as GM Cryocoolers. However, while GM Cryocoolers use mechanical drives with motors, Sovay Cryocoolers move cooling agents back and forth with gas pressure drives. They feature simple interfaces with customers' devices due to the simple layout around the housing (atmospheric side). They also feature light weight compared with GM Cryocoolers.
- 1A wide temperature range other than 4K (6.5K/10K/20K/77K)
- 2Support of the combined use of the cryocooler portions with multiple types of compressors
- 3Diverse cooling capabilities (from small to large models)
- GM Cryocoolers
- This product features freedom of orientation for installation, which is utilized for applications where ultra-low temperature 4K is required, such as astronomical observations, with installations in the Subaru telescope and the ALMA telescope, whereas for industrial products it is used with superconductive magnets for MRI systems.
- Pulse Tube Cryocoolers
- Since the vibration of the cryocooler is comparatively low, it is used with magnets for NMR and dilution refrigeration precoolers. Valve unit separation models are available for applications where vibration noise should be avoided.
- GM-JT Cryocoolers
- This is used primarily with superconductive magnets for accelerators, because of its superior efficiency, and for the cooling of sensors that must be kept away from thermal noise due to low temperature fluctuations.
- Solvay Cryocoolers
- With product lineups featuring diverse temperature ranges and superior cooling capabilities, these products are used for various applications. Since their release in 1968, they have demonstrated excellent performance and won trust over many years.
The global network
In order to support customers around the world, we have developed global networks for sales, services, and manufacturing, and strive to provide uniform quality and performance.
4K GM Cryocoolers
Pulse Tube Cryocoolers
- For detailed information about the products please contact
- Products for inquiries
- Cryocoolers, Cryopumps