Sumitomo Heavy Industries aims to provide valuable products and services to satisfy our client's needs. To this end, the Company engages in procurement activities based on the following basic policies:
- We aim to establish a mutually beneficial relationship with vendors that are price competitive in the global marketplace.
- We aim to establish an optimal global procurement system by forming relationships with vendors from around the world.
- Price competitive, and displays the capacity to achieve continuous cost reductions, quality improvements, performance, reliability, technological development, and VE proposal abilities.
- Capacity to provide a stable supply of products in compliance with deadlines.
- Maintenance and aftercare service
- Management stability
Vendors will be selected based on economic feasibility after considering the above points.
- In general, vital materials will be procured from multiple vendors through the Procurement Department, which has the final say on transaction decisions.
- In accordance with the relevant laws and societal norms, no confidential information obtained from a transaction with a vendor will be disclosed to a third party.
- The Company will make efforts to consider the security of the environment during its procurement of materials.