技術開発センター紹介
Top >> History

History

1934
Started as a research section in Manufacturing Dept. of Sumitomo Machinery Inc.
in Niihama. Initiation of an organized research and development.
 
1962
”Hiratsuka Lab” established in Hiratsuka. Start of cryogenics device development.
 
1966
”Environmental Sanitation Lab” established in Hiratsuka.
 
1969
”Niihama Lab” established in Niihama.
 
1970
”Environmental Sanitation Lab” renamed to ”Environmental Technology Lab”.Major step-up of research efforts in environmental technology.
 
1975
”Systems Lab” established in Tanashi. Start of full R&D in mechatronics technology.
 
1983
Integration of ”Hiratsuka Lab” and ”Environmental Technology Lab”.
 
1992
”Quantum Technology Lab” established in Tanashi. Start of full R&D in quantum
technology.
 
1994
Consolidation of four Labs to create ”General Technology Research Center”.
 
2000
Reorganization of ”General Technology Research Center” to create
”Research and Development Center”.
 
2001
Relocation of ”Research and Development Center” from Hiratsuka to Yokosuka.
 
2005
R&D in environmental biotechnology reintegrated.
 
2011
Reorganization of ”Research and Development Center” to create
”Technology Research Center”.
 
pagetopPage Top