The main content of this page begins here.
Material Handling SystemsContinuous Ship Unloader (Bucket-Elevator Type)
Sumitomo Heavy Industries Material Handling Systems Co., Ltd is the general transport cargo handling equipment manufacturer of the SHI Group.
The SHI Group caters to customers in a wide range of industries, including steel making, electric power supplies, ship building and port service industries, in response to a full range of requirements from planning and developing products through to general engineering and after sales services that span the entire life cycle of products.
One of the core products is the continuous type unloader (bucket-elevator type), which was developed with the aim of rationalizing and raising the efficiency of cargo handling. The first unit was delivered in 1976 and since then numerous deliveries have been made, principally to electric power plants and steel mills both within and outside Japan.
The following four aspects represent the principal features of the continuous unloaders available from the SHI Group.
- 1Highly responsive to environmental conditions (reduction of vibration, noise and dust, as well as prevention of oil contamination and conservation of energy)
- Structure of material pathway is sealed
- Water sprinkler system is installed
(in vicinity of excavating section, as well as shoot section)
- Drive system is motorized
(excluding cylinder system)
- 2High cargo handling efficiency (short unloading time)
- Three modes of digging functions (Horizontal L-mode, Swing-out digging mode and Catenary bottom clean-up mode)
- Traverses interlocked system (operational support)
- Unloading peak rate control (reduces the scale of backend transport facilities)
- 3High reliability and safety (stable operation)
- Overload protection system (prevention of structural fatigue)
- Fatigue and life management system (stress monitoring and life forecasting) (optional)
- JIS certified fatigue and life design
Overload prevention and fatigue life management system
- 4Outstanding maintainability (reduced maintenance)
- Motorization of drive system
- Elimination of bucket chains
- Condition monitoring system
The SHI Group responds to various needs ranging from small to medium size ordinary overhead traveling cranes, to large-scale ladle cranes.
Jib Crane/Luffing Crane
These cranes are installed on wharfs. The optimum model will be proposed according to the application.
Bridge /Gantry crane
For example, Goliath cranes are in active use for the transport of large blocks at shipbuilding yards, The optimum model will be proposed according to the application.
The Sybrid System achieves a reduction in fuel consumption by about 60% when mounted on transfer cranes, etc. Installation is possible on existing equipment as well.
Continuous Ship Unloader
Optimum equipment can be selected for the continuous type, from the bucket elevator type, twin belt type and the vertical screw type, according to the materials handled, vessels, and unloading capacities.
Stock Yard Equipmen
This system handles coal and mineral ore in an efficient manner when stocking, unloading or loading.
The optimum model will be proposed according to the application.
We seek to maintain stable business operations for our customers, with an assortment of services, such as inspections, part replacement, overhauls, facility diagnostics, remote maintenance, etc.
Various services are also provided for logistics products.
- For detailed information about the products please contact
- Products for inquiries
- Material Handling Systems